1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 10:18 AM by Salem_Intel

dx58so compatibility

kostas75@

hello every one i am a new member and i want help, i am about to buy this ocz pci drive OCZSSDPX-1RVD0080 and i want to know if this drive is full compatible with my motherboard (dx58so) i want to use it for bootable drive,my motherboard support pci boot?thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: dx58so compatibility
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately, we do not have a tested PCIe* card list that we can share with you.  Generally, as long as the PCI Express* card complies with the PCI Express* Technology, however, it should work; for further details on this technology, please, refer to the following URL:

http://intel.com/support/graphics/intel915g/sb/CS-012289.htm

You could also double-check with the manufacturer of the card in question to see if they have a desktop board compatibility list of their own.

As for the board supporting PCI boot from such SSD drive, we confirm that, BIOS-wise, there's no option to allow that.  As long as the option ROM on the card permits it, though, there should theoretically be no problems.  However, to be 100% sure, you may want to check this, too, with the card manufacturer.