If the system even freezes while booting off an Operating System Installation CD, we would recommend the following to begin troubleshooting:
Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process. Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings. Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility. Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.
If the system still cannot boot up off a drive, I would appreciate if you can provide more details:
1- Is the drive(s) listed in BIOS?
2- Are you receiving an error message while bootting/freezing? If so, please provide the exact wording of the error message.
3 System configuration (information below):
* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA#):
Note: The SN# is located on a white sticker, right on the board itself (see http://tinyurl.com/6j8nbf).
* Current BIOS Version:
* Power Supply [please, include the brand, model and wattage]:
* Processor [please, include the core speed, FSB (Front Side Bus) and cache]:
* Memory module(s) [please, include the brand, size, frequency and part number of the memory module(s)]:
* Add-in card(s) (please, include the brand and model):
* Operating System: