1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2010 10:33 AM by Salem_Intel

DP43TF will post but won't load from any drive

s_herbert29

This is a new configuration. DP43TF motherboard and E6300 Core 2 duo. It post with no errors. I can't get it to boot off of any drive. I've tryed to boot with DVD drive with windows cd, starts to load but then freezes. I've tried to boot of a usb drive and it does the same.

• 1. Re: DP43TF will post but won't load from any drive
          Salem_Intel

Hi,

If the system even freezes while booting off an Operating System Installation CD, we would recommend the following to begin troubleshooting:

Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

If the system still cannot boot up off a drive, I would appreciate if you can provide more details:

1- Is the drive(s) listed in BIOS?

2- Are you receiving an error message while bootting/freezing? If so, please provide the exact wording of the error message.

3 System configuration (information below):

* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA#):

Note: The SN# is located on a white sticker, right on the board itself (see http://tinyurl.com/6j8nbf).

* Current BIOS Version:

* Power Supply [please, include the brand, model and wattage]:

* Processor [please, include the core speed, FSB (Front Side Bus) and cache]:

* Memory module(s) [please, include the brand, size, frequency and part number of the memory module(s)]:

* Add-in card(s) (please, include the brand and model):

* Operating System: