6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2010 12:49 PM by templar99

need list of X58 chipset motherboards

templar99

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of supported X58 chipset motherboards (ones that work with Intel's motherboard drivers)?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
          PeterUK

All X58 motherboards support Intel drivers for the chipset & RAID what is it your trying to do?

• 2. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
            templar99

PeterUK,

I am trying to determine which X58 motherboards I can install Intel's drivers on. I'm specifically looking at this motherboard at the moment:

MSI X58M X58 mATX LGA1366

And need to know if I need to download drivers from MSI's website or can the drivers be downloaded from Intel's website?

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
              PeterUK

Again not sure where your going with this...the DX58SO which is a Intel Board has drivers that are not Intel drivers like the sound which is by RealTek they can be downloaded from RealTek which are likely newer or Intel will have then listed here but may not be newer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
                templar99

"...the DX58SO which is a Intel Board has drivers that are not Intel drivers  like the sound which is by RealTek they can be downloaded from RealTek..."

That partially answers my question.

Thanks for you help Peter.

• 5. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
                  Doc_SilverCreek

Best advice is to download drivers from the motherboards manufactures download site.

Most manufactures do some additional testing of drivers once they receive them from the vendors of components (like Intel chipset's) to insure that the drivers play well with the rest of the hardware. Some even edit or modify the device ID so that the generic drivers won't load.

Some times you can get newer drivers faster by going to the component vendors site, but what you are doing is being the beta tester for the mother board manufacture. If you dig deep enought on Intel's support site you can sometimes find component drivers under chipset or Nic's that are newer than what you will find on a mother board drivers links. This is because the specific board has not tested the newer driver yet.

From my view point if you want to try untested drivers on a platform, let the manfacture know if you find any issues, (always like to getr feedback from free beta testers )

• 6. Re: need list of X58 chipset motherboards
                    templar99

Thanks Doc_SilverCreek, that clears is up.