3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 2:25 PM by Dale@Business-ware.com

S5500BC random reboots

Hi everyone,

I have a S5500BC motherboard with 2x Xeon E5530 (2.4Ghz) CPUs, 16GB of RAM and an Adaptec 3805 RAID controller. The system is running Windows Server 2008 R2 as a terminal server and I have been having a recent random issue that reboots the computer.

Windows is not creating a dump file, so I assume it is not showing a blue screen. The event log in Windows does not show anything out of place, with a small gap in time followed by the normal bootup entries.

The BIOS event log does not show any unusual entries. All of a sudden I get "Pwr Unit Status reports the power unit is powered off or being powered down." followed by the same event 4 seconds later, followed by "BIOS Evt Sensor reports Timestamp Clock Sync. Event is first of two expected events from BIOS on every power on" 12 seconds later.

I have run an memory test for hours with no faults found and I have also replaced the power supply (650W EPS power supply).

All drivers are up to date and I have updated the Motherboard BIOS and the RAID controller BIOS.

I am quickly running out of ideas, and would appreciate any help.