6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2010 6:34 AM by

DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro

ghamaty

DG41TY is the new Mobo model number.  Read several helpful articles and responses re the initial beep followed by the 'EB' code thereafter followed by the second beep.  Upon starting the launching process to install Win XP Pro CD, all seemed to be going fine less the halted installation of Windows by the blue screen of death (BSD). 

Several troubleshooting practices had been attempted by following the process of elimination to remove the source of this glitch.  This was from changing the removed newly installed DDR2 sticks (both of same size).  Swapped one at a time and same problem persisted.  The SATA HD is a new one with .5TB in size.  Did anyone come across such an issue to have the BSD while installing the OS to a new HD? Thank you.

GH

• 1. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro
          Cpt.Dogfruit

At whatr point exactly is it getting teh BSOD?

Also what do you have sata set as in BIOS?

Have you tried another operating system?

What version and SP of windows XP are you trying to install?

Is the HDD completly new?

• 2. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro
            ghamaty

1)       At what point exactly is it getting the BSOD?

After the set-up completes installing yielded drivers, a phrase is displayed as follows: ‘Windows is ready to install’.  Thereafter; BSOD is displayed.  Also noted, in addition to the displayed Hexadecimal coding, to check for BIOS Cache memory or Shadowing, etc.., a new section below shows: pci.sys with a string of Hexadecimal sets too.

2)    Also what do you have sata set as in BIOS?

All values in BIOS had not been changed from default setting. HD was set @ SATA 0.

3)    Have you tried another operating system?

Not o[ to this point.

4)    What version and SP of windows XP are you trying to install?

XP Pro SP1.

5)    Is the HDD completly new?

Yes, and not formatted yet.

• 3. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro
              ghamaty

1)       At what point exactly is it getting the BSOD?

After the set-up completes installing yielded drivers, a phrase is displayed as follows: ‘Windows is ready to install’.  Thereafter; BSOD is displayed.  Also noted, in addition to the displayed Hexadecimal coding, to check for BIOS Cache memory or Shadowing, etc.., a new section below shows: pci.sys with a string of Hexadecimal sets too.

2)       Also what do you have sata set as in BIOS?

All values in BIOS had not been changed from default setting. HD was set @ SATA 0.

3)       Have you tried another operating system?

Not up to this point.

4)       What version and SP of windows XP are you trying to install?

XP Pro SP1.

5)       Is the HDD completly new?

Yes, and not formatted yet.

• 4. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro
                Cpt.Dogfruit

Ok, the first thing to do is use win XP with AT LEAST SP2.  i should imagine that is your problem. Test it out and let me know how you get on.

• 5. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro
                  ghamaty

Cpt.Dogfruit,

Your speculations were correct. After testing a Vista installation, it ran flawlessly.  This complies with your suggestion and I wished if a caution had been displayed on the product indicating that for this Mobo the minimum required OS should be XP SP2 or higher.

Thank you for sharing your valuable input with me and for your great help too.

Kind Regards,

GH

• 6. Re: DG41TY - Blue Screen of Death while installing Win XP Pro

How am I going to install Win XP Pro sp2 when I first have to install XP Pro and then install the service packs and updates I downloaded from Microcra...uh..soft?