Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

i7-920 2.67 Ghz -- Automatic Overclocking Problem

idata
Employee

I bought my i7 processor and dx58so motherboard 4 months back , it was all working fine untill i updated my bios.

Once i updated my bios, the processor automatically enabled Intel SpeedStep® Technology. When i disabled it,My computer failed to start, after repeated attempt when it started , i noticed that whenever i started a heavy job my processor seed gets upto 2.97 GHZ , my bus speed has increased to 135 from default 133 and the multiplier keeps on switching itself (maximum it goes to 22). It seems that my system has been overclocked, but i don't want my system like this, i need it to run on 2.67 GHz only as whenever i start a heavy program my core temperatures increases upto 80 degrees celcius.

Please help me in this!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

74 Views and no answers yet??? ...I am actually a little bit disappointed....n yes if there is any intel officials here , My Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0016 5451

It might help you a bit!!

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Try enabling the Enhance Intel SpeedStep(R) Technology, if that does not help, then disable Enhance Intel SpeedStep(R) Technology and install the latest BIOS version for your motherboard

Also make sure that system is running as "Balanced" this is under Control Panel / Power Options.

If the issue continues, then test the processor on another motherboard to determine if the issue follows the processor or the system itslef.

idata
Employee

Well, my bios is the latest one .... actually the problem started when i had updated my bios as it asked for updation of bios while installing IDCC in windows 7....I have switched to balance mode let me see whether the problem resolves or not..

0 Kudos