Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Delayed Win 7 Boot after install iata96enu.exe - EDITED

idata
Employee

Have just upgraded via this executable from chipset 7.0.0.1013 to 9.6.0.1014 and now in Windows 7 the boot hangs. It pauses on the 4 color graphic logo which says "Windows Startup" for about 30 seconds. This is on an SSD hard drive. When I roll back to the prior driver, the 90 second delay disappears. Thoughts? Help???

My setup - ASUS P6T Deluxe - Bios 1605 - Intel I7 920 - Windows 7 Professional

UPDATE - I'm finding the Intel RST disk manager reporting my second HDD correctly as a 500 Gb drive but the Windows Computer Disk Manager reporting that same drive as not initialized and 931 Gb!

UPDATE 2 - So I removed the 500 Gb drive and she booted very promptly. So I reattached 3 additional HDD's (2 Seagate and 1 WD SATA drives) and now the Intel RST manager again correctly represents the drives but the Win& Computer disk Manager reports only one of the Seagate drives correctly, still shows the second drive as a 1 Tb drive needing to be initialized, and doesn't even show the third drive - all 500 Gb drives.

0 Kudos
0 Replies