4 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2015 11:38 AM by Gui.Ravisio

DG45ID - BIOS Update fails

sultan

I flashed the BIOS of my DG45ID motherboard with the F7 option at boot time and the flashing of the Intel Management Engine firmware fails permanently. I tried with older BIOS versions also without success.

BIOS version: IDG4510H.86A.0131.2010.0712.0906

Technical information about the failure: (0x8000000000000012, 1399)

The effect of this failure is that hardware monitoring stopped working. It worked before. Another effect is that the HECI driver of Windows XP Prof. SP3 crashes.

Could someone please help me solve this issue?

Thanx

ps: I attached a pic of the screen:

DG45ID_Flash.jpg

• 1. Re: DG45ID - BIOS Update fails
          Flying_Kiwi

I used the express update method with my DG45ID to 131 BIOS ver and it worked perfectly - any reason why you don't try that if you're running a supported OS? If this doesn't work (or isn't possible) get in touch with Intel Tech support and see if they can tell you what that code number means and help to get this resolved.

• 2. Re: DG45ID - BIOS Update fails
            sultan

I finally succeeded with the BIOS upgrade through the recovery method. The express install did not work, the F7 method also. Only the recovery mode succeeded.

• 3. Re: DG45ID - BIOS Update fails
              Flying_Kiwi

sultan wrote:

The express install did not work, the F7 method also. Only the recovery mode succeeded.

I'm glad to read that you've got it sorted and using the recovery method was going to be the next option to try if the Express method didn't work. I've always used the Express method and the only problems I have encountered is the occasional time where the program said it had flashed the BIOS but nothing ever happened. Turning off the Antivirus software and trying again solved that.

• 4. Re: DG45ID - BIOS Update fails
                Gui.Ravisio

I got this problem but the recovery not work... when I turn on the machine without jumper, i cannot get imagem on monitor.. I put out the battery for few minutes but not work..  Sorry about my english, is not my first language.