2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 12:57 PM by kbh77

DH57JG won't POST

kbh77

Hi, this is my first new build.

DH57JG mini-ITX motherboard

i3-530 processor

Corsair DDR3, 2Gx2

When power is turned on, I get only a 'click' from the speaker, not a beep.  I get some sort of power for a brief second (processor fan will spin, LED on power button) but then it turns off.  After about 5 or 6 seconds, it will power up again, click, fan spins, power button LED, then off again. Repeats.

I've re-seated the processor and RAM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle

• 1. Re: DH57JG won't POST
          Diego_Intel

Hi Kyle,

I would suggest you to take the system out of the chassis, place it on a non-conductive surface like a newspaper, a magazine or something similar, leave only motherboard, power supply, processor and Heat Sink/fan. Remove all the rest of components. This would be to check for any grounding issues.

Then clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and all power cables from the power supply to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least

After the 20 minutes reconnect the 2x12 and 2x2 power cables. Power up the system and check if the system beeps

If it beeps (3 beeps) it means that the system is posting and the problem could be related to memory

If the system does not beep, then add one memory stick and try a BIOS recovery with the instructions on the following site: (you don't need video to try this)

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm

Be sure to disconnect all peripherals not required for the update, even the mouse, keyboard, hard drives and any other CD/DVD ROM, this may take up to 15 minutes even if there is no display on the system

While this is being tested, please post the part number of the memory sticks you have tested with?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH57JG won't POST
            kbh77

Thanks for the detailed response.  I replaced the motherboard and it booted up first try.