2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2010 5:53 PM by Doc_SilverCreek

anticheat with hardware id

matty101yttam

not sure if this is the right place for this but here it is:

I saw some time back that intel was heading into cpu ids to stop online crime etc but they caused a stir with privacy groups and havent heard much since.

So i was just wondering why its never been developed further for the sake of gaming/anticheat methods, atm theres a massive surge of ppl buying consoles because of cheating on pc's and i cant imagine it'd be a hard thing to implement for ppl who know what theyre doing.

Now im not the most technical minded here so this is just a rough guestimate on how it would work, have motherboard/cpu id's with a seperate backend circuit type setup with access to the ethernet/usb port/modem(independent of memory/cpu to stop software interference), as well as a bios option to enable/disable(for the paranoid).

Then give software/technical support to anti cheat systems like punkbuster so they now can ban the pc entirely rather than ip/cdkey/pbid etc  which can be easily worked around.

So yeah have everything completely voluntary and optional but allow ppl who are willing to use their future pc gaming as collatoral/insurance to play in a secure server.