2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 1:16 AM by

DG31PR Hanging on Windows Xp install

prock

Trying to install Windows XP Pro on DG31PR. I system keeps hanging on "setup is starting windows". I have tried everything i know.

1. Change HDD both IDE and SATA

2. Updated BIOS

3. Changed CD ROM

4. Changed memory

5. Changed disks  and nothing

Strangely Vista installs fine . So i am assuming it is a driver issue, even stranger XP was on this system at one time. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: DG31PR Hanging on Windows Xp install
          Diego_Intel

Most of the times, those system locks during the operating system installation are related to memory, processor or hard drives.

However taking under consideration that Microsoft* Windows* Vista* works fine, I would say that this is a software related problem.

This motherboard is a classic series motherboard with legacy and common interfaces, so the operating system does not require any third party driver to be loaded during the operating system installation.

I would suggest you to test another installation CD of Microsoft* Windows* XP making sure that Service Pack 2 is embedded on the installation CD (if you are using one CD with o Service pack or Service pack 1 this may not work)

• 2. Re: DG31PR Hanging on Windows Xp install

i am face same problem