1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2011 12:13 PM by Fabiano RSS

DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

RodneyC Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

Tenho uma máquina com board Intel DG45ID com processador CORE2 DUO E8400 e verifiquei nas Advanced Settings do BIOS que a frequencia da memória estava setada automaticamente para 667MHz. Como tinha dois bancos Markvision PC6400U-50550, 1GB DDR2, 800MHz CL5, mudei a frequencia para Manual / 800Mhz e o sistema parou de funcionar. Não entra nem no POST, apenas acelera a ventoinha da CPU e desliga.

Tentei mudar o strap da configuração do BIOS, tentei tirar a bateria do clock, deixei desligada por cerca de 20 horas e nada.

Tentei instalar dois bancos de memória novos Kingston KVR800D2N6/2G e nada mudou.

Tentei colocar um Pendrive com o arquivo BIO mais recente e tirar o strap da configuração do BIOS, mas ele não chega nem a tentar ler o Pendrive. No readme do BIOS update informa que este é um bug que foi corrigido numa das releases do bios, posterior à que está no sstem (0077).

O que mais posso tentar? Comprar outra motherboard?

Agradeço desde já qualquer ajuda.

Rodney Carvalho

• 1. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

Courtesy of Bing Translate, I've figured out that your problem is you manually set you motherboard memory frequency (rather than relying on it being auto-detected) and now it won't boot. It's not a good idea to attempt flashing a BIOS when the Board won't even boot due to a configuration related matter as clearly it's the configuration side of things within the BIOS that's become confused and not the BIOS itself. Once you have it booting properly THEN try to flash the new BIOS.

I'd go back to the known good (original) memory again and unplug everything from the board (including the battery again), check the jumpers according to the manual to make sure they're in the default ready to run position and leave it like this for a day. The good news is that if it's not even attempted to access the recovery BIOS then you shouldn't have a corrupt BIOS (with a half flashed new version on top of the old). When you put it back together/reconnect things, only use a minimal configuration ie one HDD, no optical drive no add on graphics card, no plugged in perpherals other than mouse/keyboard etc and see how that goes. You could even try removing the RAM altogether (with power totally isolated from and drained from the board of course) and then booting it to see if you get any beep codes.

• 2. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    RodneyC Community Member

Dear Flying_Kiwi,

Thank you very much, but I have already left the board without battery for about 20h and the problem remained the same.

The BIOS' release notes for this motherboard says:

BIOS Version 0117

New Fixes/Features:
         Fixed issue where the system would be unrecoverable if unsuitable manual memory settings are used.

My BIOS release is 0077.

The old memory is 800MHz, but its not responding to that speed.

The new DIMM pair bought is surely 800MHz, but it's 2GB

May be I should get a pair of true 800MHz / 1GB memories, because removing the battery doesn't seem to reset the memory speed settings.

I've tried the BIOS upgrade, but I'm quite shure it didn't even started to read the pen drive.

Thanks,

Rodney Carvalho

• 3. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

Rodney Carvalho wrote:

The BIOS' release notes for this motherboard says:

BIOS Version 0117

New Fixes/Features:
         Fixed issue where the system would be unrecoverable if unsuitable manual memory settings are used.

My BIOS release is 0077.

I noted the part about you removing the battery but I wasn't sure if you'd tried a minimal configuration boot afterwards (or booting with no memory to check for beep codes). If none of these result in any life from the board then it'd be worth contacting Intel to see what they have to say - especially as it relates to a known issue with the old (presumably original) BIOS it came with. I'm otherwise out of ideas. Good luck with Intel

• 4. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    mechbob Community Member

You will have to perform a BIOS recovery before you try to update the bios , you have to have a working BIOS in order to up-date, The new BIOS for the DG45ID is ( 131 ).

• 5. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    RodneyC Community Member

To the point I know, there's no problem with my BIOS except it's an old vesion where the bug that stops the system when memory is set to manual hadn't yet been fixed.

When I boot with no memory it sounds the normal 3 beeps and stays there waiting, the manual says the system will not work with less than 512MB installed.

There's also no reason why my Markvision SIMMs should not work with 800MHz, but the automatic mode had set the speed to 667.

I´m trying to borrow a pair of 800MHz / 1024 MB SIMMs to try to boot the system and return the memory frequency setting to automatic.

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Sincerely,

Rodney

• 6. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    mechbob Community Member

I have two of these sys and they run best with 8 Gigs of DDR-2-800, Stable going on two years now.

• 7. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    RodneyC Community Member

My system was running pretty good but a bit slow, I was just going to upgrade to 6 GB, I've just bought the two Kingstom 2 GB SIMMs when I noticed the Markvision memory was running at 667 MHz, despite they have "800 MHz" printed on their label, so I tried to overclock them manually, that was the root of all my problems.

• 8. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    Community Member

Hi Rodney,

Was adding more memory resolved you problem? If not, I think I have to RMA this mobo ASAP.

• 9. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

No. As reported in BIOS fix 0117, cited above, the sistem became "unrecoverable". As it is in the warranty period, I´ve contacted Intel support and they´ve agreed that I should send it back to Intel for a replacement. I´m gathering littele things like the pnp CPU socket cover and an original mini-ATX box in order to send it by the postal service.

Thanks for your interest.

• 10. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS
    mechbob Community Member

If you are going to send it back ( RMA ) Make sure you get the CPU cover otherwise they will not except the board , if you can't find yours they have them on Ebay about $3.00.

• 11. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

Very important remark, Robert. Thank you. I´ve already acquired the plastic CPU cover, but little things like that take a lot of time.

Regards

• 12. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

tengo la misma placa base. Hice lo mismo que hiciste tu, cambie la memoria de 667 mhz a 800 mhz en la configuracion avanzada del BIOS y la maquina (la PC) no arranco mas. He hecho de todo y nada. Si sabes como solucionar ese problema por favor espero de tu ayuda.

Intel Q8300

dos DDR2 800 mhz Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/4Gb

I have the same motherboard. I to do it equal that you, I have the same problem and I don't know that to do. Help me please.

Thanks.

• 13. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

Eudis,

De acuerdo con la documentación de "BIOS release notes" esto fue realmente un error, corregido en versiones posteriores de la BIOS. Así que llamé al apoyo de Intel 0800 y se acordó sustituir la placa base en garantía (se había comprado hace poco menos de dos años, parece que son garantía de tres años). Envié a Intel en Sao Paulo (vivo en Río de Janeiro) el lunes pasado y estoy esperando el regreso.

Saludos,

Rodney

• 14. Re: DG45ID deixou de funcionar após alterar frequencia da Memória no BIOS

Buenas noches... Oye gracias de antemanos por responder. Hice una llamada al 0800 de intel aqui en Venezuela y en verdad, la persona que me

atendio creo que no estaba muy clara del problema y me participo que bajara el archivo .bio para hacer el recovery del BIOS con la ultima actualizacion

con el uso de un pen drive, Le comente que si la pc no entra al post, como va a hacer una recuperacion. En fin que voy a hacer lo que el se#or recomienda

para ver si tiene razon, aunque en 10 a#os q tengo trabajando con maquinas primera vez que me pasa algo asi.

Esa tarjeta esta nueva, la acabo de comprar por Amazon en dic 2010 y es la motherboard mas cara que he comprado US$ 114.00 mas el envio a Venezuela

que sumo como US$ 70.00 mas, osea la motherboard me costo como US$ 185.00 en total y resulta que viene y me echa esta vaina y para colmo ahora tengo que ver si por aqui (en Venezuela) me cubren la garantia.

Hasta ahora hablaba muy bien de Intel, pero estoy cambiando de parecer... No es posible que por un simple cambio de configuracion se da#e una placa tan

costosa. En fin, te agradezco tu atencion. Saludos de Venezuela.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...