cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-V 80GB Models

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

my favorite online shop has X25-V 80 and 160 GB models avvailable.

These are not mentioned on the Intel website. What's up with these models and do they use 25nm chips (G3) or 34nm (G2)?

What will be the difference between an X25-M 80GB drive and the X25-V 80GB drive?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

got a link? what are the prices?

I don't think there's a 160GB Value series planned. If they have both 80GB/160GB, it probably means they meant M series.

I'm guessing (apart from smaller NAND) that Intel will just reduce the number of channels for the V-series 80GB.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I could only find one retailer with a X25-V 80GB but I think they just mixed up the V for an M. The price is more that an 80GB M drive so it does not see right.

http://www.epsilonpc.co.uk/pc-components/hard-drives-storage/solid-state-drives/intel-x25-v-80gb-sat...

@ wacko76

The V stands for Value, which translates to half the channels. This reduces read and write speeds. (It effects writes a lot more than reads).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is my online shop with their SSds (sorry, very long link):

http://www.alternate.de/html/categoryListing.html?navId=1684&tn=HARDWARE&l1=Festplatten&l2=Solid+Sta... Intel%C2%AE

As you can see, they have 80 and 160 GB versions of the M and V models. And the V models can be delivered within 48 hrs so they should have them physically there.

Maybe I'll contact the company itself and ask what this is all about.

EDIT: Also, I read somehwere that Intel had announced a X25-V 80GB, but that it was supposed to use the G3 25nm NAND chips. The model no. of my retailer (SSDSA2MH080G2K5) though indicates that it is still a G2 model with 34nm chips.

Message was edited by: wacko76

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Intriguing. Maybe everyone just assumed the V-80 would be a G3 using 25nm. Looking at the product code the K5 is a reference to a firmware version that does not exist in the current line-up. Looking at the read/ write specs there are the same as an M drive, so if it is the new V drive performance is significantly faster than the current V drives.