Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14538 Discussions

How to update to the latest IPDTconfig.xml used by Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool

idata
Employee

The User guide of Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool says to determine which Intel® CPU is used that the latest IPDTconfig.xml must be used.How is it possible to update the IPDTconfig.xml to it's latest version

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Salem_W_Intel1
Employee

Hi,

I confirm there's no specific stand-alone update file for IPDTconfig.xml. To update this, the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19182&lang=eng Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool itself must be re-installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool be applied onto THE 2ND GENERATION INTEL® CORE™ PROCESSOR?

idata
Employee

If you are referring to the new Sandy Bridge processors, I would say it should, as the newest IPDT tool was released on 1/26/2011. The user guide for this tool does not say anything about not working with any generation of Intel processors, so unless Intel forgot to state that, it should be fine for any Intel processors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yeap, it's Sandy-Bridge, however, we found the utility identifying failure on i7-2630QM and i5-2520M, do you know who we can contact for help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

First, just to be correct, it is the H67/P67 Cougar Point chipsets, including the mobile (laptop) 'M' versions, used with the Sandy Bridge CPUs that have the potential problem with the SATA 3Gb/s ports.

Intel is working with the various manufactures that have used these chips to at least replace the mother boards with a fixed Cougar Point chipset. You must contact the manufacture of your PC and the store you purchased it from to determine what their policy and procedures will be in making things right. Many manufactures have made statements regarding their policies regarding this issue, so your first move should be checking your PCs web site for that information, and contact them there if you can't find that information.

You should not contact Intel about this, they are working with the PC manufactures and the manufactures and the retailer that you bought your PC from are supposed to be working with their customers. If your PC manufacture and retailer tell you otherwise, they are basically lying. 

Don't forget that your PC's are not broken or compromised yet, according to Intel's statement, and you'd know if you are having problems.

0 Kudos