Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Gigabit ET Quad s.a. Windows XP embedded drivers

idata
Employee

Hi,

does anybody of you know if Windows XP (32bit), embedded in my case, is supported by Gigabit ET Quad port adapter drivers? Following the wizard by making the right choices (Support->Product Family->...->Adapter), there's no match between XP and Gigabit ET. I am using the content of PROWin32 packet with success, but I'd like to be sure about what I am installing.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Michele

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

The only available embedded drivers for ethernet can be downloaded from this link below:

http://communities.intel.com/community/wired/blog/2010/02/08/updated-ethernet-drivers-for-ce6

Get the device id for the adapter and check if there is any drivers which address to the device id for installation.

Otherwise, let's wait for an answer from the Gurus Mark H or Douglas Boom etc.

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

idata
Employee

Hello!

Well, I got the embedded webpack and the adapter managed to find a driver inside it (in PROEMBSW10.01.01\PROEMBSW\PRO1000\WinXP Embedded\PCIe). Nonetheless, there's still something unmatching... the DriverSelectionGuide.txt file does not contain my device, 10E8... only 10E6 or similar... May I sleep soundly as well?

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply.

Best,

Michele

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

The official answer is 10E8 is missing from the text file because we do not support that adapter in Windows XP* embedded.

0 Kudos