1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2012 12:04 AM by jade

HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!

ObaidFarooq

I have an Intel DH55TC motherboard, the Hard Disk Drive LED (The Red One) is always ON and doesn't flash or blink with Hard Disk activity. Before this I had an Intel 945G motherboard and there was no problem.

Can anyone help me find the solution?

• 1. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
          Boyet

Check that your Front panel HDD LED positve(+) and negative(-) connectors are connected to motherboard internal FrontPanel header pin 1 and pin 3 respectively. You can refer to page 46 figure 23 in the product guide.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
            ObaidFarooq

I am sorry but this doesn't solve the problem, I changed the connectors but the HDD Led went off.

• 3. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
              xB2Spiritx

i am sure there is some misplugged wires...

sort them out using the intel mainboard guide came along with your board package

else

flash your bios

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                ObaidFarooq

I did everything I can, I took it to the dealer from whom I purchased my system. I just flashed my BIOS with the latest version but my problem is still not fixed.

• 5. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                  Boyet

Have your system use a different case to test if your hdd case front panel led is not the problem.

• 6. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                    ObaidFarooq

I just did everything you suggested but the problem is still there.

• 7. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                      Adrian2mil10

I have the same problem with a DH55HC and there is no fix for this issue , no one swap connectors options works, 1-3 ,  2-4 , +- , -+  , always is on or off if you reverse the connector , it's a faulty in motherboard or bios programmig even upgrading to last bios version .

• 8. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                        ObaidFarooq

You are right Adrian, if companies start launching products this fast, there will be flawed products because the companies are not giving products the time they deserve before launching. They just want to make more and more profit and compete with other companies. I changed PSU, Chassis, front panel and HDD but my problem isn't solved, I even disassembled the PC, because I thought there was some short circuit. If this motherboard is having this issue, it is possible that there are some other flaws and issues also present in this board. In last 6 months I have faced Blue Screen error some notable times, it never happened before I got this new system. I know some drivers and programs are not compatible with Windows 7, which can cause problems, but when I had Intel 945 GCCR motherboards with 3.00 MHz processors, I had Windows 7 Installed and had the same Hard Disk Drive, used the same software and drivers but I didn't have any problems with that system, the system speed was slow, but I was much satisfied with the previous system then this one. The performance/speed of this present system is rapidly slowing. BTW I have Intel motherboard DH55TC, an Intel Core i3, 530, 2.93 GHz with Kingston KVR 1333, 4GB DDR3 RAM with 64-bit Windows 7. I loved Intel and I always used Intel processors and motherboards. But now I am  really, really disappointed and unsatisfied with the new Intel products. The trust and confidence I had on Intel is going  away.

• 9. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash! Solved . . :)

HI,

I have intel dh55tc . . . .  i also have the same LED NOT BLINKING problem since i got my new i3 pc but now i resolve this problem . .

all u have to do is unplug your front panel usb pins from USB PANEL 2 with flsh drive support, and plug it into USB PANEL 1 or 3.

thats it . . . !!! Now your Hard Disk LED Blinks . . . Try Now . . .

Thnks & Rgdz,

Mani rOx . . .

• 10. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash! Solved . . :)
                            ObaidFarooq

Hi Mani.

Many thanks to you for posting the solution, I am very happy that my problem is solved. None of the professional who read and replied this post earlier, could not find any solution. At the time when I started thinking that my issue can't be solved you show up and solve my problem. I always that that there was some problem with my hardware, apparently I thought it was my Motherboard, but I am satisfied that there's nothing wrong with any of my hardware. But I wonder why the people and INTEL wasn't able to sort it out!

I am really thankful to you for posting the solution. You have no idea how satisfied I am to find out the solution. I got this system 6 months earlier and I posted this issue to others forums too. I am just glad you experienced the same issue, otherwise I'd not be able to get this issue solved.

-

Best Regards

• 11. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash! Solved . . :)
                              ObaidFarooq

You made my day Mani, infect you made my year!

• 12. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                                Adrian2mil10

Hi mani ,it's amazing but you're right  , leaving alone front panel usb connector number 2 the hdd led blink ok ,i have the same issue with  a DH55HC and trying this working fine, but this one don't have any common sense , there is a FAIL in the mainboard or bios design or programing , there is not possible what if you need use usb front connector 2 the hdd led flash become inoperative .

But THANKS mani for you discovery

• 13. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                                  ObaidFarooq

Hi Adrian!

Maybe there's some problem with the USB Panels you are using, I had the USB panel from a Dell System, the format of pins of USB connector 2 is different from the other USB connecters (1 & 3). 

d.JPG

• 14. Re: HDD Led on Chasis Front doesn't Blink/Flash!
                                    Adrian2mil10

Hi Obaid , i only have connected the standard front case usb plugs on motherboard fp_usb _2 , there is no reason for this one become inoperative hdd led , that's why I say that this is a fail in motherboard design . Now later read Mani sugestion I try changing to usb_3 and hdd led "magically" work , i'm looking again the board manual and mine DH55HC have flash drive support in Front Panel USB1 not 2  ,another thing that I have just discovered now is a differences between manual show like usb 1-2-3 position and descriptions printed in the board itself say who are usb 1-2-3 , the positions on 1 and 3 they are interchanged.

Great discovery from Mani anyway

Regards Obaid

1 2 Previous Next