Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14527 Discussions

Intel Processor ID utility : Cannot load language file

idata
Employee

Hi,

After installing Intel Processor ID utility Release 4.23 Aug 12 2010 on a MS Windows Server 2003 SP2 I get the following error :

"Cannot load language file please reinstall this utility !"

I have reinstalled the utility and got the same erorr message. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Waris

8 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

I'll check on this and get back to you. If you don't mind, you might report this issue via chat, email, or phone to Intel Customer Support (whichever is most convenient for you). http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=processor http://www.intel.com/support/feedback.htm?group=processor.

John S.

Intel Customer Support

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Can you provide a little more information on this issue? We are not able to reproduce the problem you are currently experiencing. Did you uninstall a previous version of the Processor Identification Utility before upgrading to the new version? Did you have a language version on the system previously that differs from the upgraded version? Did you go from an English language version to some other language version or vice versa? Have you uninstalled the v4.23 and tried to reinstall the v4.23? Have you tried the bootable version? Does it have the same problem as your Windows* version?

This is the first report of such an issue that I am aware of. No one is reporting this issue to our contact centers as of yet, so maybe yours is an isolate occurrence. We will have to wait and see if others have a similar experience. Hopefully, your issue can be resolved soon.

The latest versions of the Windows* and bootable dowloads are here:

John S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

John,

This was the first time we installed the Processor Identification Utility on this machine. Yes after the initial failure with v4.23 we did reinstall the utility and got the same error message.

Also no we have not tried the bootable version since I only have remote access to this server.

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Since you don't have direct access to the system, and two of the utilities are failing, I think the problem may be tied to the remote connection software that you are using. Would you mind letting us know what application is being used to do the remote connection to the server, and also what operating system is running on the system used to connect to the remote server?

John S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

John,

I am of the opinion that both utilities are failing for mutually exclusive reasons.

1. The Intel Processor ID might be failing due to a bad Language setting or a related registry value.

2. The System Identification web utility I suspect is failing because of running it on an older browser (IE6).

I am using windows remote desktop client (mstsc) to connect to the remote server.

On the remote server we are running Windows Server 2003, and the machine I am physically on is a Windows XP machine.

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Would you mind trying a remote connection from your system to some other system (not the server), and attempting to install/use both the Intel Processor Identification Utility and the System Identification Utility? Let me know if you are seeing the same issue. We have not been able to replicate your issue via a remote connection to our systems that are running Windows* Server 2003. It seems the issue you are seeing is a DLL problem with both applications.

0 Kudos
John_S_Intel
Employee

Would you mind running the Intel® System Identification Utility? It will be helpful information for us to have in trying to figure out what's going on with the Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Windows* Server 2003, and your system.

Link to the Intel® System Identification Utility: http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm

John S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

John,

I tried the link you provided for the System Identification utility. It is failing with the following add on error. We are running Internet Explorer 6 on this server. Could that be the issue for the error below ?

0 Kudos