2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 11:30 PM by link_6459

Updating Graphics Driver fail on a i945PM notebook

link_6459

Hi there,

After spending 4 hours trying to overcome this problem alone, I have no choice but to turn to forums about this issue.

Recently I formatted and installed Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite P200 with an i945PM chipset, and I have no further information on the gfx adapter. In any case, I attempted to download the latest gfx drivers ( http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18231&ProdId=2301&lang=eng ) and run setup.exe but the error I get is: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. Setup will exit."

Having a little more knowledge about this, I figured the obvious way to get around this error would be to manually update the gfx driver via device manager - after doing so via "Have Disk..." option, the driver updated. After rebooting, I still was unable to up screen resolution above 1024 x 768. I went back to device manager, and it states "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

Okay next option: go to Toshiba website and download notebook-specific drivers. Upon doing so - exact same problem.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to me to get around this, or is it something which I should go to Toshiba about?