2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 8:48 PM by pare

Advice on DH55TC

pare

Please can someone tell me what Ram to buy for my mobo DH55TC?

I bought OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV4GK

The frequency 1.65V and the specification says that this type is specifically for Intel's new Core i7 and Core i5 processor for P55 chipset.

My processor is Core i3-540 H55 chipset 3.06 GHz

On the Intel's specification there is no way to find if the Ram should be of 1.65V OR 1.5V

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Patricia.

• 1. Re: Advice on DH55TC
          Cpt.Dogfruit

max voltage to use is 1.65v, obviously the lower the better as it gives off less heat,

you can see here the mem compatibility list, it is always best to use RAM of this list if possible

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh55tc/sb/CS-030954.htm

But i doubt you will have a ny issue with oyur at all

• 2. Re: Advice on DH55TC
            pare

Thanks for your reply Cpt. dogfruit.

Sad to say but I am experiencing issues with my computer. At startup the only thing that reacts is the PSU which is a Ultra X4 750 watt.

But it keep turning off after a little while and there is no video on the screen. I took it to my teacher who is a technician and he thought that it might be the Rams. As I mentioned in my post I wish that there is a way that you can see on Intel's specification that the Rams should be of either 1.5 volt or 1.65 volt,

before I order another set of Ram again and pay 130,= dollar again.

Thanks anyway.