Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

OpenGL settings for Intel GMA HD graphics in new driver

idata
Employee

Hello everyone,

in the old driver it was possible to adjust OpenGL settings (e.g. depth buffer). We need some of these settings in our company for many computers. In the old driver user interface I could change OpenGL settings which looked like this:

In the new driver user interface (dark style) I cannot find these OpenGL settings. The new driver user interface looks like this:

My driver version is 6.14.10.5200

Does anyone know where I can find those OpenGL settings in the new driver user interface?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Unfortunately some settings have been removed from the driver.

PV.

idata
Employee

Thank you for this information.

Is there any possibility to change OpenGL settings via registry or ini file or somehow else? We need the "Depth Buffer" setting because we use an application which does not work properly with the default "Depth Buffer" setting.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

while searching for an answer to my problem I have come across yours,

you could try glviewer form realtech-vr. com or google for it.

Ity allows you to cgange most settings on your open gl.

maybe you could helpme with my problem.

this graphics haredware is alien to me.

I use adobe After Effect and also Photoshop.

After effects is saying that no open gl is being supported because no opengl card was found and photoshop is detecting it but not letting me change advanced settings.

so if I am supporting it is it possible that my applications are repoting it not there or not acessible but it is in fact there?

hope my answer helps you and hope you can help me.

T

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

thank you for your hint to use glviewer. I tried it and for me it seems to be a tool to view available openGL features and run diagnostics on a graphis card, but I could not change settings with it.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with After Effects/Photoshop so I can not try to reproduce your situation. But I guess until you get a patch from Adobe it is not possible to detect your card properly in After Effects. Are you sure your graphics card supports the features you need for After Effects/Photo Shop?

Best regards

M

idata
Employee

OK,

for me when I use glviewer it does let me change vearious settings. sorry it did not work for you though.

Well in AE it is not even detecting the card, I ma pretty sure that the graphics will support all open GL features as I have read as much.

In Photoshop it detects but does not let me change the advanced settings.

So what is stopping it I do not know.

Thanks any way.

T

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Maybe application will onmlyt detect openGL on a seperate card and not intergrated int op the cpu as ecellerated grahics HD. so for gamin it would be OK but for apps that use 3 it is not working because it is looking for a grahics card that suppots OpenGL where as mine does support open GL version 2.1 and hsader 4, also GLViewer gices me a list of open gl seetings and all the extensions available to me thnere are plebtl and alkl is supported, it is just not being picked up in my apps becasue it is looking for a dedicated or seperate GPU which I dont have I just have a card that is part of the processors intergrated HD acellelerrated graphics.

so for games it is OK and I have read some good reviews on this model. Plus the CPU is fine.

I can enalbe multiple processing istaed to help with rendering frames even 3D frames but as I have 4 cores and it likes to have 2 gig per cpu/core and i have 4 gig drr3 and 4 cores it cant erender frames sulmitaniously, I will be upgradingf memro to 9 gig my xmas and iff possible I will buy a new graphicvs card but I dont wanna lose what I have just add a crad for open gl, but would still like as much as possible to run with the intergrated graphics as they are good and once I have enough memory they can take advatage or system ram and alklowcate up to 2 gigs for eo,mry.

idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm using my laptop with an Intel HD GMA for gaming and 3d graphics (student) and it seems it can't handle OpenGL properly. Is there a way to download an older driver with advanced OpenGL options? Will it be included in future driver versions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i've been spending some time playing with the registry recently, and the locations i found for the video settings on my machine were:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{56095E82-96F2-4E67-AF6C-03C696D6EF80}\0000

i'm running windows 7 64-bit, but they should be somewhere similar in most other versions. the second listing seems to be where the good stuff is, but you will want to make sure you know what you're doing before you change anything (and always make a backup beforehand, of course)

i apologize if posting this to such an old topic violates the rules, but this was the first listing on google when i searched for "intel hd graphics registry settings," so i figured even if the original poster no longer needs it, anyone who stumbles on this page in the future might find it useful to know.

0 Kudos