10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2012 10:29 PM by Flying_Kiwi

Intel Dp55KG Fault

riknik05

hi i recently brought a dp55kg, after installing i tryed to start the machine watching the led display on the board it starts of running through numbers and then stops on SA beeps twice waits beeps twice again then carries on then stops on E9 and i get nothing on the monitor it just pauses on E9, i have looked around for what the 2 beeps are and have come to 2 things the video card is faulty (have tried 2) or the times are dead, if anyone can help me would be great

• 1. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi,

Could you give some more information about you system configuration: PSU CPU RAM and GPU?

• 2. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
            riknik05

hi yeah sure the mother board is a dp55kg, the cpu is a i7 860, video card is pakit gts 250 1gb ddr3 x2in sli, crucial ddr3 4 gb ram x2, cpu cooler is a tunig tower 120 extreme, 775w thermaltake power supply and a thermaltake tower, i have tried many things with only one video card only one stick of ram in the blue slots in the black slots and taken the board out of the tower and had it on a non conductive surface with just ram cpu and cooler and video card still the same, any help would be great cheers

• 3. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am having this exact problem...

I just built my rig, i7 870 with 8Gb Patriot 1600, 850 Corsair PSU, EVGA GTX 560Ti.

Computer ran out of the box, with BIOS from 2009.  After a lot of reading, I talked myself into updating the BIOS to the latest.  It reported success, and rebooted.  Unfortunately I was met with the 5A beep beep.

Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to take it to a tech guy? Buy a new mobo?

• 4. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
                Flying_Kiwi

Guest wrote:

Computer ran out of the box, with BIOS from 2009.  After a lot of reading, I talked myself into updating the BIOS to the latest.  It reported success, and rebooted.  Unfortunately I was met with the 5A beep beep.

Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to take it to a tech guy? Buy a new mobo?

How did you flash the new BIOS on? If it was the recommended express method, that only reports success after rebooting back into Windows on my DG45ID so I assume you used a different method - if so why, was there a problem with using the Windows update express method?

Have you tried removing AC power and then attempting to start the PC (to drain any residual current left), taking the motherboard battery out for an hour putting it back in and having another go at booting?

If it was working fine before the BIOS update you can always revert to the version that was working fine by downloading it from the Intel website and using the recovery method, flashing that onto the board. Read all the instruction on the website about how to do this as it's important you follow it to the letter and make sure ALL non essentials are removed from the motherboard/unplugged from the sockets/ports eg extra USB devices such as any iMON hardware, printers, duplicate monitors etc etc.

• 5. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault

Thanks for the quick response...

I did use the express method...after bios flashed a string of items, it said update success and to reboot.

I wasnt aware that having multiple monitors etc could cause a problem.  I will try restarting without any extra stuff plugged in.  If that doesnt work I will try the recovery method to reflash original version of Bios.

Thank you again for the quick response.  The biggest thing I keep trying to remind myself of is to be patient and not panic yet.

• 6. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
                    Flying_Kiwi

Guest wrote:

Thanks for the quick response...

I did use the express method...after bios flashed a string of items, it said update success and to reboot.

I wasnt aware that having multiple monitors etc could cause a problem.  I will try restarting without any extra stuff plugged in.  If that doesnt work I will try the recovery method to reflash original version of Bios.

Thank you again for the quick response.  The biggest thing I keep trying to remind myself of is to be patient and not panic yet.

Having extra non-essentials plugged in during BIOS flashing can definitely cause problems (although not sure multiple monitors specifically can) - the point is only do it with the bare minimum connected and all antivirus and utility software turned of. As you have used the express method, you need not be concerned because that is a very user friendly way of doing BIOS updates. Don't forget to try removing the AC. If the on-screen messages at the end of the flashing process but just before rebooting indicated success, then chances are that was successful and there's something else amis such as something else on the system not being ready for the changes the new BIOS version bring. Not having that board I'm not familiar with the 5a beep beep but can you at least get into the BIOS setup options (by holding down F2 at startup on my board). If so, make sure load default values is selected and save that option out of there.

Using the recovery method is really a last ditch option if the above don't work.

Definitely not a situation worth panicing about!

• 7. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault

I just wanted to thank you for all the help.

I ended up flashing recovery with usb stick, worked flawlessly.

I believe the custom timings I had for the RAM interfered with the flash process.  I removed the CMOS battery, let sit for 1 hour, reinstalled CMOS batt, and flashed from the internal usb port.

Again, thank you greatly for taking the time to offer suggestions with my problem.

• 8. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
                        Flying_Kiwi

That makes perfect sense and I'm glad all is now well. I guess we can add to check that the memory timings are at default values before flashing as well as ensuring all non-essentials are unplugged/switched off and antivirus software disabled.

• 9. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
                          joliveros

Good night Flying_kiwi , I need help my mother board(DP55KG) has error and no himself as to solve it, pannier that I have to request a change, if you know how to put this error in order I go to it to you to thank.

• 10. Re: Intel Dp55KG Fault
                            Flying_Kiwi

I'm sorry joliveros but I don't understand the problem you are experiencing with your DP55KG motherboard. I only understand English and it appears your translation didn't come through smoothly - the only pannier I know about are those attached to bikes etc to carry loads Pannier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and that mentions it translates from a French meaning of bread basket.

Perhaps your local Intel base will be able to provide support for your motherboard in your own (native) language? What country are you in and what language(s) are you fluent with?