Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Chipset Identification Utility fails to identify chipset

EShor
Beginner

I have a new Dell Poweredge T110 and need to identify the chipset so I can find the right driver to install to get round the AHCI/SATA windows installation problem (I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003).

When I run the utility it says "Failed to identify your chipset". If I run the same utility on another Dell Pc it works fine. Does anyone know if there is a reason why this utility should not work on the Dell Poweredge T110 or if there is another version of it I should be using ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
EShor
Beginner

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. What I should have said is that I need the detailed info about the chipset ie. the I/O controller. When I run the utility on the other Pc it gives me the info " Intel(R) 82801HH I/O controller hub (ICH8DH) SATA Controller found in RAID mode". That is the sort of information I am looking for, for the T110.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

beh dunno then why it aint working...

But if oyu are trying to install win server 2003, why not use the drivers on teh dell website?or am i missing something?

0 Kudos