1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 10:52 AM by lorven

Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

diarav

I purchased a new DG43RK and mounted the parts (processor Intel QUAD Core 2.5GHz Q8300) and hard disk and powersupply. I also installed 2 modules of Corsair DDR3 memory (2GB + 2GB). On switching on I get the 3 beeps - no video. On reading the product guide, I understand this is a memory problem. I tried various combinations of mounting the memory modules (DIMM0 on Channel A and Channel B, single module on each of them and all other combinations) and I always get the 3-beeps continously on pressing the power button.The memory modules are mounted correctly in their slots.

Am I using the wrong memory configuration for the DG43RK board? What are the tested memory modules ( I did not find any on the site) I can use? Is there some other setting that I might be missing that can help me resolve this issue? I can provide more details on the Corsair specifications if required.

Thanks in advance

Dinesh

• 1. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
          Diego_Intel

The memory specifications for this motherboard are posted on this site:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg43rk/sb/CS-031256.htm

However there is not any list of tested memory for this motherboard.

Please post the part number of the memory to check what are the specifications for the memory installed.

Additionally, at this moment you can try to clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and all power cables from the power supply to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least, then reconnect the power supply, and test the system out of the chassis, placed on a non-conductive surface like a newspaper, a magazine or something similar, and testing only with motherboard, video cable, power supply and processor and one stick of RAM.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
            diarav

Hi Diego_Intel,

Thanks for responding to my question.

I removed the CMOS battery, removed all power cables, removed the MB from its cabinet.

After about half hour, laid the board on a sheet of paper, put back the battery, connected the power cables, plugged in one memory card on DIMM0 channel A, connected the monitor and switched on. The three beeps was still there. I plugged in the second memory card and tried again - no change. The three beeps still keep coming.

The specs of the memory module(s) that I am using - CORSAIR - VS2GB1333D3.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Dinesh

• 3. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
              intelstar

Dinesh

There are 2  possiblites here.

1) The memory modules are bad

2) RAM slot is defective and it does not recognize the memory placed on it

The three beeps indicate No Memory installed too, hence the 2nd possiblity

As a last step, you can check with a working RAM (of your friend's or something), but of the same specs (DDR3 1333MHz)

If that gives the error too, get your board replaced

Cheers,

Intelstar

• 4. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
                diarav

Hi Intelstar,

Thanks for your response.

I have started to think that one of the parts in defective and I am more oriented to the board. I will try with other memory modules on this board and also try the memory modules on another motherboard.

Will post my findings once done.

Thanks and Regards

Dinesh

• 5. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
                  Diego_Intel

As a matter of fact as specified on the memory specifications web site, the motherboard support Non-ECC, 1.5 V, DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 MHz memory

The "1333 (OC)" indicates that this would be done by over clocking. In this case, the 3 beeps may be pointing to a compatibility problem.

In fact you should test the system with other memory, however you should test the system with a lower frequency one, like 1066 or 800 mhz.

• 6. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
                    diarav

The problem is finally resolved. I changed the memory to Transcend 2GB and it worked perfectly. Looks like the Corsair I had was not compatible with the board.

Thanks to intelstar and Diego_intel for their responses.

Regards

Dinesh

• 7. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
                      intelstar

Thats good to hear about. Enjoy

Cheers

intelstar

• 8. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK
                        sreekar1980

I started experiencing the same problem with the DG43RK which I bought in May 2010. It was working with a Dynet 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM without any problems until August last week and that is when it started beeping three times. I tried two other good known 2GB DDR3 1333 RAMs which had the same problem. I had the motherboard replaced twice by Intel which did not help, issue persisted. Tired of replacement I checked this forum to see that its a compatibility issue. Now its working with the Transcend JetRAM 2GB DDR3 1333 module.

As per Intel the specifications of the RAM should be:

• Four Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts
                        • Non-ECC, 1.5 V, DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 MHz memory
                        • Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
                        • Unbuffered, non-registered single- or double-sided DIMMs (except double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization)
                        • Up to 8.0 GB utilizing2 Gb technology
                        • A minimum of 512 MB of total memory is required

I dont understand why would they make a motherboard which supports only OC modules and at the same time has Warranty Void clause if OC. It seems that some other boards also have the same compatibility issue per Retailer and this community.

Moral: Please read the specifications and the online motherboard manual thoroughly before buying a motherboard.

Thanks,

Hyd_HWTech

Intel Classic Series DG43RK, Intel Core2Duo E7500, Transcend 2GB DDR3 1333.

• 9. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

Seems like I am having a similar problem to the above post.  I have seven DG43RK motherboards.  I am building computers with a middle school computer club.  We have our computers assembled and install our Corsair RAM and we are also only getting the 3 beep memory error.  The RAM modules in question are Corsair CMX4GX3M1A1333C9 XMS3, 1DIMM at 4GB, DDR3, PC10666.  I did a chat with Intel tech support earlier and decided that I would try another RAM module in order to get the system up and running, and then would upgrade the BIOS and any firmware necessary.  I am now in doubt about any RAM modules working.  I am looking for any guidance that you can give me.  J Thomas  thomasj@mersd.org

• 10. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

You can get it working with the Transcend memory sticks which are SPD compatible (Serial Presence Detect).

• 11. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

Great!  I am wondering if this needs to be 1066 MHz memory OR will 1333 MHz memory work?  This board either needs to be over clocked to accept 1333 MHz memory, but the documentation implies that the board will adjust (down clock) the 1333 memory to 1066 automatically.  ???  What a pain in the ...  I am disappointed by this Intel products finicky nature.  But I am grateful for any suggestions to get what should be a great board up and running.  Thanks.

• 12. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

I am having the same problem as listed above. The board is an Itel DP43BFL and the non-compatable ram is Crucial CT2KIT25664BA1339.

It appears at first blush that the Crucial DDR3 1333 Ram should work for this board, but not all Ram is SPD (serial presence detect).

I ordered the JatRam from Transcend (which is SPD). I hope this works. I will report back after installation.

• 13. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

I got the Transcend JetRam today and the board fired right up. Problem solved. Thanks everyone!

• 14. Re: Having problems (3-beeps) with DG43RK

Can you please tell me how to overclock the RAM to 1333MHz. I've installed 2GB Kingston HX 1600MHz RAM and it's running @ 1066MHz in my MB. I don't know how to overclock so please help !

1 2 Previous Next