Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

X25M + Intel RST slows down Win 7 boot

idata
Employee

Hello world,

I have an Intel X25-M SSD 80GB (latest firmware). My setup is pretty simple : Intel DG45ID mobo (latest BIOS) with Intel Core 2 Duo E8300 and a Radeon HD 5450. I have installed Windows 7 x64 and all the latest drivers, the SSD is configured as AHCI in the BIOS. The oddity is that as soon as I install the latest version of RST (9.6), the boot time of Windows 7 becomes way slower. Before RST, Windows 7 boots in 25 seconds, after it takes like 1 minute and 30 seconds. During the boot with Intel RST : the screen stays on the Windows logo forever and the HD LED is solid blue.

Nothing is plugged in USB and well there's no other devices attached to the system. As soon as I uninstall the Intel RST, boot time is fast again... Anyone experienced this ? Is there a fix ? Do I need the Intel RST ?

Thanks,

Julien

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

This is the same behaviour that I have when I try install the latest version of RST (9.6). I described my trouble here: /thread/12609?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/12609?tstart=0

Till now, no solution for this. I'm using at this moment the default Win 7 driver without problems. I don't recommend you to use RST for now. Wait for movement from Intel support, but I don't have too much hope because we comment our problems long ago, and they don't are attending our demands. Only when the problem is affecting to lot of users, they react.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Try updating to the RST driver via the control panel/device manager/IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers without installing the Intel Control Panel and the Rapid Storage Technology apps.

This seems to have worked for someone on another forum.