2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2010 10:19 AM by eaperezh

Fail to upgrade BIOS in board DQ35MPE

eaperezh

I have 12 boards with BIOS JOQ3510J.86A.1016. this is a computer school. We use these computers every day for the last 14 months.

I have the need to upgrade the BIOS on these boards and went to this page: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel®+3+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel®+Desktop+Board+DQ35MP

I have followed *every* procedure to upgrade to BIOS versions 1056 or 1109 or 1122 or 1126.

I use the following command:  iflash2 /pf xxxxx.bio   where xxx.bio is the bios im trying to load.

iflash2 starts to do something and then reboots.

After a reboot, all i get is this message:

"The firmware has detected that a CMOS checksum error has occurred. Press any key to continue".

When I press any key, the board reboots but never comes back. I need to unplug the AC power, wait a few seconds and the board boots OK. like nothing happened, however is still at version 1016.

I have entered maintenance mode, apply defaults. apply defaults to bios settings, boot from a usb floppy, a regular floppy, freedos, msdos, ISO image and it does not work. BIOS does not get updated.

I have changed batteries (due to the CMOS error) but the battery is not the issue here.

I have used another board, same behavior.

I must say that previous version of the BIOS was 0991 (when we got the boards) and we flash all boards to 1016 the same day we got them without any issues.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Erick.