DH57JG, Core i3-530, one beep, no video

Duelund

Hi,

I have just built a PC with
      - Antec ISK 310-150 enclosure
      - Intel DH57JG
      - Intel Core i3-530
      - Kingston 2*2GB RAM

When I connect power, CPU fan and enclosure fan starts, I hear one beep and it powers off - after 5 seconds it turns on, the fans starts, one beep and turn off. This continues. No video output (tried DVI digital and DVI analog).

If I remove the RAM, it beeps accroding to manual meaning 'Memory Errror' so something must be working. Still no video.

I have tried with another (desktop) PSU, it acts excacly the same way.

It must be MB, CPU or RAM - but which ?
      Any clues ?

• 1. Re: DH57JG, Core i3-530, one beep, no video
          Diego_Intel

I would suggest you to take the system out of the chassis, place it on a non-conductive surface like a newspaper, a magazine or something similar, leave only motherboard, power supply, processor and Heat Sink/fan. Remove all the rest of components

Clear the CMOS removing the CMOS battery and all power cables from the power supply to the motherboard, leaving the system without power for 20 minutes at least

After the 20 minutes reconnect the 2x12 and 2x2 power cables. Then add one memory stick and try a BIOS recovery with the instructions on the following site: (you don't need video to try this)

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm

Be sure to disconnect all peripherals not required for the update, even the mouse, keyboard, hard drives and any other CD/DVD ROM, this may take up to 15 minutes even if there is no display on the system

If the problem continues, try moving the BIOS jumper from pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3 and power up the motherboard, check if there is any video output. If possible try the HDMI interface on the motherboard too.

Other than that, the issue could be related to either motherboard, processor or memory, you would need to swap those components around, in order to isolate the issue.

Concerning memory, as always, try checking the system with tested memory. The list is available on this site:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh57jg/sb/CS-030955.htm

And check with the memory manufacturer that the memory sticks you are using are low density memory chips, not high density memory chips. (Intel(R) Desktop Boards do not support the high density ones)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH57JG, Core i3-530, one beep, no video
            Duelund

Hi Diego,

I have already tried several of your suggestions...

Board removed from cabinet with only PSU, CPU, CPU cooler and RAM. Tried all 6 combinations of RAM configuration (7 including no RAM at all).

If I try BIOS recovery, it Beeps a lot.

RAM is recommended by dealer to this board.

I have come to the conclusion that the board is defect and have returned it - I will update you with the outcome.'

Thanks for your very detailed answer.

• 3. [solved] Re: DH57JG, Core i3-530, one beep, no video
              Duelund

I got a replacement board, everything is working fine now. Haven't tried HDMI and sound yet, but expect it to work - will see soon.

Great board.