3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 9:17 PM by dvaguirre

Intel DH57JG Motherboard - Sata Controller Card

neilcaruana

Hi,

Lately I bought a computer with the Intel DH57JG motherboard, but I encountered a big issue since the onboard sata controller does not support Port Multiplier and only one HDD at a time is recognised, I have a RAID Tower connected to it specifically (http://www.addonics.com/products/raid_tower/raid_tower_rtv.asp) which has a controller to connect 5 HDD's via an eSata cable.

In order to be able to connect all the drives and access them individually this requiring a Port Multiplier aware controller I bought a PCI Express controller (http://www.addonics.com/products/host_controller/ad2sa6gpx1.asp), my issue is that this controller is not being recognised by the Motherboard/OS at all! I have the latest BIOS update and all the latest drivers installed... running Windows 2008 R2 x64

So my quesitons is, would any PCI Express X1 fit into the motherboard PCI Express x16 connector ? Or does the motherboard only support Video Cards in that slot (Which i dont think is the case)

Any help would be very helpful as I am running out of options, or if someone knows a SATA Controller PCI Express card which is compatible with this motherboard it would be of great help..

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Intel DH57JG Motherboard - Sata Controller Card

Hi

Two things for you

The DH57JG does indeed support PM, but you need to run the Intel RST Rapid Store Tech - RAID - then your ports will be PM aware

The MB does not seem to like MICRoN PCI ex cards - the Silicon Image version is fine - but read up on RST and you won't need a PCI ex card

• 2. Re: Intel DH57JG Motherboard - Sata Controller Card
            neilcaruana

Hi

Thanks for your reply... In the mean time I have bought another card a Silion Image SIL3132 and it works properly with PM Support.

As Regards the Intel RST does the motherboard have to be configuratred with AHCI ? Since the software it telling that the system does not meet the minimum requirments...

And if not can it be switched from the BIOS without having to reinstall the OS?

• 3. Re: Intel DH57JG Motherboard - Sata Controller Card
              dvaguirre

Hi,

I have a similar issue with Intel SRCSATAWB RAID on DH57JG NAS based.

The system dont boot with 1x 2GB RAM and freezes at post with 58 code indefinitely. With 2x2GB RAM boots ok but RAID startup show "Intel RAID ???" and show wrong device hardware id in Windows 2008 R2 (and Windows 7 x32) device manager.

In others Intel boards desktop boards windows reconized the RAID with PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0060&SUBSYS_10108086 and DH57JG shows PCI\VEN_1000&DEV_0062&SUBSYS_10108086, install wrong native driver and show "This device cannot start (error code 10)". With the Intel driver the same error.

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Chenbro ES34169-BK-120

Intel DH57JG (JGIBX10J.86A)

Intel Core i3 530

2x Corsair VS2GB1333D3

OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD

3x Western Digital WD20EARS

Chenbro Riser Card

? Intel SRCSATAWB

Intel support chat said that this board is not designed to raid cards, may work may not.

Any idea?