4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2010 5:41 PM by Boyet

need ISO file to update DH55HC bios to latest (0039)

dreamgear

The Bios Update README repeatedly refers to an ISO file for bios update.   It says "Download the ISO image file"  but there is no such file availble for download.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: need ISO file to update DH55HC bios to latest (0039)
          Boyet

You're right. The file is nowhere to be found. But it is only in version 0026. If you have the old one and using the latest BIO file you should be able to update. But it could be a little messy. Why not use other methods?

• 2. Re: need ISO file to update DH55HC bios to latest (0039)
            dreamgear

There are a variety of methods available, but I'm really squeezed down to just one.  It's a Linux system so the windows executable is out.  I could build a custom boot disk (or bootable flash drive), but that would be very time consuming and I've only one got one system to update so it doesn't make sense.  So what I'm left with is moving the bios config jumper and then hopefully it finds the updates on a CD I will burn.  This seems to be a blind process so it takes 20 minutes to find out whether it worked.  It also seems likely to reset the bios settings to factory, which would be unfortunate.

It would be so much better if I could just boot from one of the many Linux live CDs I have and then run a bios upgrade program off a flash drive.

• 3. Re: need ISO file to update DH55HC bios to latest (0039)
              Cpt.Dogfruit

The most reliable way is teh recovery method (the one where you remove the BIOS config jumper), you don't need the ISO for this, just the .BIO file on a usb pen or a cd.

• 4. Re: need ISO file to update DH55HC bios to latest (0039)
                Boyet

I would agree with the suggestion of Cpt. DogFruit, however as what you have written you have decided to use only method. Using the iso method, you need to update first your iso file so that the latest bio file will be included before you burn it to a cd or dvd. I assume that you are familiar with the burning program that you are using and which can let you do the update first.