2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2010 8:16 PM by Curious592

board won't boot unless I push the reset button after the power button

blitz

D865GSA was working fine for 2+ years, then all of a sudden it won't boot untill I push the reset button..

I push the power button and the fans run, but it will not send a signal to the display. If I remove the ram it will beep like it should.

Once I push the power button wait a second or three, then press the reset the board boots and runs XP correctly!

I've updated the bios, tried to boot with everything unplugged, swapped 3 different ( new ) power supplies. If select restart in xp shutdown, it will reboot, if I shutdown it needs to have the reset button pushed.

Any ideas?????

• 1. Re: board won't boot unless I push the reset button after the power button
          donatellojones

Hi Hank,

I'm having the same problem with a DH55C.  Like you I've tried single dimms, unplugging HDDs (not the OS drive), rearranging dimms in the memory banks.  I think this started with the June BIOS update for my board. 

Did the problem start after a BIOS update?

Are there any Intel folks that can shed light on this matter?  Unrelated boards with similar problems may suggest a BIOS problem.

Thank you and sorry Hank.  I'm not high jacking I'm just really frustrated with this problem because my system is a dream otherwise!

• 2. Re: board won't boot unless I push the reset button after the power button
            Curious592

I still have a problem with a system not booting on cold mornings and believe it must be a power supply issue.  After several minutes I have pressed the power button, intending a soft off after 5 seconds, but the log-on screen has appeared immediately.  The BIOS does not matter.  Perhaps it is the graphics card but the problem didn't appear in another location with another power supply and different peripherals.  I don't want to do a reinstall so I may tolerate it for a while.