Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

I7 Technology Driver Error Code 10

idata
Employee

I have a HP dv7 3007tx Laptop with 4gb RAM and an i7 1.6 GHz CPU. Device Manager tells me that the Turbo Boost Technology driver cannot start Error Code (10). I have updated all my drivers and chipset, etc, thru Driver Genious and install the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor to no avail. Can anyone help with this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Just a suggestion: HP is in the best position to answer questions pertaining to their product.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

But the driver is Intel - how does that work?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HP, Lenovo, Asus, Gigabyte to mention a few all uses Intel processor. However, they make their own system. That is why it is better to ask the manufacturer of your system directly for the best answer about your question/problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Boyet - will give them a go

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Let me say that I've been on the phone with Dell for this issue for an hour and they do not have a clue so far. So much for your turbo technology!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Found this on another site:

....Intel's Core i7-720QM, i7-740QM,i7-820QM and i7-840QM Processors, do not have Integrated Graphics on them...So this driver is not required... And The Processor TurboBoost feature works with Yellow Bang in device manager. So you can safely ignore the Yellow Bang for above stated processors or delete driver.

0 Kudos