5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 7:22 PM by Flying_Kiwi

First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go

Mitch333

Hi All. I finally have my new tower complete and tried to pwer up today. I get the green power standby light on the board, but when I hit the start button, the fans turn a few revolutions, then dies. No beeps, no burned smell, the standby light stays on, but nothing else happens.

I have a 750W new PS, the 2x2 processor power is plugged in and the 2x12 strip is plugged in. Virtually everything is new, from tower to hard drive to fans. This is not my first build or rebuild, but it is the first time my Intel board didn't fire right up. I'll admit, I havn't a clue where to go from here.

• 1. Re: First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go
          Cpt.Dogfruit

Hi what CPU and memory do you have? Does it give any beeps witout memory nor GPU installed?

Also what is the AA of teh motherboard?

• 2. Re: First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go
            Mitch333

I have not tried it without memory or processor on the board. And now I can't. I sent it back as defective. Hopefully, the replacement will work. I just wish the board came with better instructions for installing it and first time startup.

• 3. Re: First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go
              Mitch333

Almost a year later from when I bought all the parts, I finally got this thing running. I had to hire a local guy to troubleshoot and fix the probelm, which turned out to be the powersupply over volting and burning out the processor, so he says. I have my doubts though. Anyway, he put in a new Core 2 Quad Q6600, which was a downgrade, fixed the PS and got it running. Good enough.

• 4. Re: First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go
                Mitch333

It turned out to be easier to hire someone to fix it than to try and muddle through it myself.

• 5. Re: First Power Up DP45SG Board - No Go
                  Flying_Kiwi

Mitch333 wrote:

It turned out to be easier to hire someone to fix it than to try and muddle through it myself.

Now there's the voice of experience! Often this is the case if you are new with such issues and often it'll even take experienced people some time to diagnose problems which may involve trialling other parts in the system to see which result in a change of circumstances. It also means you don't have to worry about possibly causing (more) damage to your system or parts due to making a mistake (although of course the effects of some mistakes can be catastrophic and immediate).

Having worked as a PC Technician I think it's important to know your limits when it comes to what you're doing and then seek help or swat up on documentation etc when you reach that limit - that also applied to me in that job.

Glad to read you've now got it sorted (allbeit one year later).