Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

Looking for Core i7-865k Information

idata
Employee

Hi!

I'm spec'ing out a new system and I'm looking for information on the Core i7-865k processor. I can't find any reference to this processor on Intel's public web site. So here are some questions.

Is this processor currently available?

If so, what is the Box/OEM order code?

Is it available by qty 1?

Is it an LGA 1156 like the other core i7s?

Where can I find the specifications?

Is it currently support by major (LGA 1156?) motherboards?

Does anyone have one now? (reliability/availability/aupport anecdotes welcome)

Any assistance welcome.

Thanx,

-H-

3 Replies
idata
Employee

There is no production Core i7-865K processor. Are you sure you that the processor number is correct? If it's a quad-core Core i7 CPU running at 2.93 GHz with unlocked core multiplier then it's a Core i7-875K.

Gennadiy

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I came accoss a reference to the 865k in a review. It is supposed to be an unlocked 860. And it's supposed to be cheaper than the 860 in order to compete performance+price wise with the 1055T. In that role it isn't surprising that it's barely homologated and perhaps impossible to actually obtain. Or perhaps it's a combination of typos in both price and part number. Another possiblity is that it's confusion between the i5-650 and i5-655k. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the link to the orginal review.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The i7 860 overall is faster then the X6 1090T and the i7 870 has now matched the price of the i7 860 now so that looks a good buy.

Don't get the i5-650 or i5-655k they are Dual Core with Integrated Graphics the i5 750 or new i5 760 which is cheaper and faster are a better buy.

0 Kudos