6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 11:00 AM by songa

DH55TC BIOS feature fail: automatic video detection option

songa

I have a motherboard INTEL DH55TC and INTEL Core i3 530 box
      with an NVIDIA 9500GT PCIe 2.0 3D video card.

I bought this mother, because it is of good quality (INTEL) and has a appropriate slot for 3D video cards.
      I'm using this Nvidia 3D card because have a better performance in 3D applications.
      The on-board card does not have the same performance that the NVIDIA  board, but the HDMI output is very nice to be used with an appropriate  monitor (HDMI) and watch movies in high definition.

I bought it in January 2010.
      I update the bios, when the Intel provides a new version and the board always has the same problem.

When I put the bios for automatic detection of video and connect an SVGA  or HDMI monitor on the on board connector, the BIOS does not detect the  monitor in on board video.
      But if I change the monitor connector to the NVIDIA SVGA connector or DVI, the startup is normal in PCIe card.
      When I put the bios for on board detection of video and connect an SVGA  or HDMI monitor on the on board connector, the BIOS detects the monitor  in on board video.

The motherboard manufacturer says it is possible to use a PCIe video card 3D and video on-board.
      The motherboard manufacturer place on the bios, a option to use each one automatic.
      Simply put the monitor in one and the detection will automatically.

This is not working, as the manufacturer says it should work!
      Someone can tell me why this happens being the bios set to automatic detection?!?
      The Intel will fix this?!?