5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2010 11:21 AM by now151 RSS

bios event log

now151 Community Member
Currently Being Moderated

can someone tell me if it is a good idea to periodically enable the clear event log  in bios under configurations tab?  i use mb  dx58so bios 5390

• 1. Re: bios event log
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

You shouldn't be getting anything popping up in the BIOS log so I can't see periodic clearing making any difference. I have a DG45ID with this option and in the 13 months I've used this model of motherboard, I've only ever encountered one entry in this log and it was generated around the time of a BIOS upgrade. Are you getting lots of entries in the log and if so, what for?

• 2. Re: bios event log
    now151 Community Member

no, i don't get any pop ups. i just meant under general practice. if you go into bios and enable clearing of the events log, like cleaning my register. i was wondering if it was of any helpful benefit. like any other maintenance performed.

• 3. Re: bios event log
    Flying_Kiwi Community Member

now151 wrote:

i was wondering if it was of any helpful benefit. like any other maintenance performed.

It won't do any harm but it won't do any good either (with the possible exception that if the BIOS log has any entries, a tiny amount of memory won't be allocated to storing the log). The main thing is that you shouldn't be getting any errors turning up in there so if you are (at all), resolving the cause (s) of those will be far more benificial than clearing the log.

• 4. Re: bios event log
    Boyet Community Member

I find the event log useful because it tells me what happen after a system event occurs. And the entry in the bios doesnt affect any normal system operation whatsoever. Now the question as to periodically clear the log, I would say that it should not. Just leave it as is as it does not bother the system operation.

• 5. Re: bios event log
    now151 Community Member

thanks for the responses

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...