Hi to everyone here!

I have an Intel Motherboard: Refer Spec Below please:

Product: DP35DP
      Vendor: Intel Corporation
      Version: AAD81073-208
      Serial: USDP81000FWU
      Slot: Base Board Chassis Location

The CPU is an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz

The PC is running Ubuntu Linux 10.04 64Bit Software!

DIMM DDR2 Synchronous 800 MHz (1.2 ns) x2 Modules = 4 Gig RAM in total.

I have 4x 750Gig Seagate Drives in a RAID5 Configuration:

All the Drives (listed below) are the same model and are NCQ capable: Obviously the serial numbers differ as per individual HDD:

Product: ST3750330AS
      Vendor: Seagate
      Bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0
      Logical name: /dev/sda
      Version: SD1A
      Serial: 9QK25PQR
      size: 698GiB (750GB)

Ok, the reason why I would like to update the BIOS is that I am hoping that this will resolve the issue I am having when I try to get my drives to use AHCI! Running as IDE they are not utilizing NCQ and if follows that the speed and reliability are servery effected!

I downloaded the 0572 bios update ISO, burned it to CD and followed the instructions, but it fails to do anything at all! Everything seems to stop but power stays on the PC and it just sits there waiting and waiting and only a hard reset get the PC going again. No damage and the PC is fine but the BIOS update has failed! Any help here would be great, thanks in advance. Piers

So it seems that this is not the correct place to ask for help?? It is the Intel forum is it not? Three days and not ONE answer? Wow, it appears that I will have to go elsewhere to get assistance! Excuse my sarcasm, but I really thought that if there was one place that would do the trick, then this was it! Boy was I mistaken! I must add that I will never buy another Intel M/Board again in my life or recommend them to any of my customers.

Message was edited by: John Piers Cilliers