1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 30, 2010 1:15 PM by Zykra

download speed limitation?

Zykra

I have the Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN in my Gateway FX laptop.  I recently upgraded my Charter internet connection to the 64 meg download capability and 5 meg upload capability. Laptop meets all specs with Ethernet plugged in, but when connected by wireless (Linksys WRT160N V3), my upload speed stays at 5, but my download speed is cut in half.  After an afternoon with Linksys with firmware update and settings check, there's no other excuse except for WiFi limitations.  Any suggestions on how to tweak the 5100 settings to get my max download speeds?

• 1. Re: download speed limitation?
          Zykra

further to this... I just had my daughter fire up her new Apple MacBook Pro to check her download speeds using my high-speed Charter connection and accessing via the same wireless signal from my Cisco LinkSys router, and she tested out at a flaming 55 megs per second, almost as much as my 62 megs per second from the home ethernet direct connection.  So something's gotta be limiting my download speed using the Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN in my Gateway FX laptop.  Anyone know how to tweak this thing to allow full download speeds?