Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

945 Mobile Chipset Drivers...

idata
Employee

This is gonna sound crazy, but I have a pc with the 945 Mobile Chipset Drivers on it. Anyway I use a KVM switch to go between my different PC's. If I boot the pc with the 945 chipset an let it get into windows prior to switching to it, the screen is black... It doesnt register that there is a monitor connected to it... After remoting into the PC, I see that drivers automagically decided that it now has 2 monitors attached to it. One's a laptop and the other is a just a second monitor that obviously isnt the one that is connected to it. This is really annoying as I have to change the display settings each time this happens (change display and resolution).

Why does it do this? Is there a way to prevent it from doing this? Can I check a box somewhere or edit the registry?

I have contacted the manufacturer (Acrosser) but they dont know what to do I get the "Oh really?" response. That's not good enough, the drivers should use the settings they are given rather than going on a rampage and messing everything up.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Intel obliged to release new drivers for 945 family because last drivers were released a year ago and contain many errors.

0 Kudos