3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2010 4:41 PM by mechbob

Installed new DG45ID mobo - Windows Failed to Start message

kusamba

I replaced the old mobo and power supply - kept the original memory and  hard drive.  I was hoping it would just run as it did before.  Vista  Home Premium 64 bit - HP Pavillion d5000t - Q9300 Intel CPU - Corsair  DDR2- PC6400 800 mhz memory (currently only one piece installed for  testing).  Onboard graphics - no card.

Any ideas for this situation......  Got the messages: `Windows failed to  start.  A recent hardware or software change might be the cause´.  Then I  must choose to `Start Windows Normally´ or `Launch Startup Repair´.  Launch  Startup Repair comes back with the same error message above instantly.  Start  Windows Normally leads to a blue screen with the following  message.............

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFFA60005AF9C0, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000)

And the BIOS IDG4510H.86A.0097.2009.0428.1627

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  thanks, dac

• 1. Re: Installed new DG45ID mobo - Windows Failed to Start message
          Cpt.Dogfruit

If i understand right, you havent reinstalled windows?? if not reinstall windows and you should be fine

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Installed new DG45ID mobo - Windows Failed to Start message
            kusamba

My computer was purchased from HP preloaded with Windows but without a  Windows DVD.  This was a mistake in many ways - I will never purchase  one like this again.  So I have no Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit  DVD.  But I borrowed one since I do have the legal license code.

I  ran `Repair´ from the full DVD.  Failed.  Got the message `This version  of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of  Windows you are trying to repair.  Try using a recovery disc that is  compatible with this version of Windows´.

I ran the System  Recovery discs that I had created day one from the HP computer.   Failed.  Got the message `This PC is not supported by the System  Recovery Discs.  You will not be able to continue to recover this system  with these discs´.

So, if I use borrowed Windows DVD  and reload the same Version of Windows Home Premium 64 bit, using my  license code (from the sticker on the side of the computer):

Will it accept my license code?

Will it wipe out data files from my hard drive?

Will it wipe out applications that I have loaded on my hard drive?  thanks, dac

• 3. Re: Installed new DG45ID mobo - Windows Failed to Start message
              mechbob

The reason why you can not reinstall your OS is when you changed the mother board NOW you have a Different Electroinc serial number. HP s software is keyed to the ESN of that machine , which you have changed by installing the DG45ID.