8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2018 10:43 PM by mediaenergy

No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory

spigx

Hi, I'm getting the No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory error. The weird thing is that I already had it running in the same machine, slot, mobo,and accelerating the same HDD. I had to do a fresh install and suddenly I am unable to make it work.

I have read most of the topics I could find here, but still unable to fix it.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5, trying to accelerate a 2TB Sata Barracuda.

CSM disabled

RST enabled

Bios can recognize Optane as NVME but apparently Windows doesn't

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
          Al Hill

What operating system?  Provide version and build.

Also, download, run, and ATTACH the results of this utility.  Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

• 2. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi spigx,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

Based on your description, the module may still have the data from the previous OS setup, so this is preventing you from re-enable it again. This may happen when there is an OS re-installation even though the module was disabled from the application beforehand.

I recommend you to clean the data in the Intel® Optane™ Memory and try to enable it again. If everything else is configured correctly, then you should not have any issues. Please follow these steps:

1. Open your command prompt as Administrator.
            2. Run the command diskpart to enter in Diskpart environment.
            3. Type list disk and press enter to display a list of the drives connected to your system. You should see the Intel® Optane™ Memory there. If you cannot see it, please take a screenshot and include it in your reply.
            4. If the module appears in the list, please take note of the disk number. Then run the command select disk <disk number>. Make sure to use the disk number associated to the module.
            5. Type clean all and press enter. This command will clean the module erasing all data stored in it. The purpose is to delete all data from the previous setup so that the module can be re-configured again from scratch. Just wait for the process to complete and then try to setup the module again.

If this process doesn’t work, please run the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) that was shared by Doc in the previous post, and attach the output file in your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
            Diego V.
            • 3. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
              spigx

As inquired, system is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.17134 Build 17134)

I cleaned the disk as suggested but nothing changed.

Attaching the log as requested.

• 4. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
                Intel Corporation

Hi spigx,

Thank you for the report.

It’s weird that you cannot set the module up if no other change was done in the system. Did you add a new drive or anything else besides re-installing the OS?

Could you please take a screenshot of Disk Management just to check the partitions in your drive? You can open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and then selecting the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

Please also take a screenshot of the following output:

1. Open the command prompt as Administrator.
                2. Run the command diskpart.
                3. Run the command list disk. Take a screenshot of this output.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                Diego V.
                • 5. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
                  spigx

I havent added any hardware. The disks are the same...

diskmgmt startup - asks me to do something with intel optane

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
                    Intel Corporation

Hi spigx,

Thank you for the information.

The only thing that I can see is that you are not reserving at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the primary drive. This is required for the module to work properly. Please reserve this space at the end of the primary drive.

I can see that you have some reserved space in Disk 1, but this space is actually required in the booting drive.

On the other hand, the message that you are getting about the module is because it’s not initialized, however this should not be any issue as it’s expected that the module is not initialized. You can try to initialize it (using GPT) just to confirm there is no change. If there is no change after initializing it, please clean it as you did previously to get it back to this state.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
                    Diego V.

• 7. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
                      spigx

Hi Diego,

Unfortunately I got the same error, even with the free space in my primary drive now.

Can you think of anything else? If not, I think I may have to reinstall the OS again.

Thanks

• 8. Re: No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory
                        mediaenergy

Hi spigx,

I´ve got the same problem as you. On my primary drive I have free space. Even I reinstall my OS, I still see in app "Memory Intel Optane" message "there is no compatible disks for memory Intel Optane"...

I think that reinstall doesn´t solved anything.

M.