3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2010 1:41 AM by Hinerakatauri1979

2 disks in raid 0 dropped out of raid.

Hinerakatauri1979

Both raid sets are on 2 Samsung 750gb disks using ich10R

Raid 1 is the name of the first raid set, it’s a raid 0 configuration. And uses 250gb of each disk (sum 500gb)
      Raidset 1 is my windows 7 disk and has 2 partitions 100gb and 400gb

Raid 2 is the name of the second raid set, it’s a raid 0 configuration. And uses the remaining 500gb of each disk (sum 1000gb)
      Raidset 2 is my data disk and has 1 partition that uses all the space.

I have tried and succedeed to access raidset 1 using both raidreconstructor/getdataback and R-studio.

I know the order of my 2 disks, when I use block size 128kb I can access raid set 1 and I can restore without corruption. And I can see the data (folders and files )of raid set 2 (data after the 500 gb), but everything I restore from raid set 2 is corrupt.

how do I proceed from here?

• 1. Re: 2 disks in raid 0 dropped out of raid.
          Hinerakatauri1979

I am fairly sure that blok size of my second raid is 128kb, anything else produces less files that are readable (but still corrupt)

I also know that disk order is the same as raidset 1. if I change disk order and I restore a pucture it is much clearer that files are getting mixed.

I think there must be a disk offset, but I am not sure how to find it for raidset 2.

• 2. Re: 2 disks in raid 0 dropped out of raid.
            mechbob

Are the partitions properly aligned?? Have you checked??

• 3. Re: 2 disks in raid 0 dropped out of raid.
              Hinerakatauri1979

Ok I fixed my problem

first thing I had done when raid dropped out was a MBR backup of all disks

I had tried creating raid with same settings but all disk where blank.

Yesterday I thought about it and restored as last attempt my MBR and viola my partitions where back. although there was corruption.

I used R-studio to restore and so far all files are without any corruption.

1 mayor thing that worries me is that the raid (software) does not report that 1 disk is giving up.

used a few smart reading programs all reported that disk has a problem.

I also used manufactures disk software and that reports disk failed.

This is a mayor fail on intels part

maybe the disk have been degrading for months and software did not report this.