If this used to work, I would try a different client first. See if another machine can connect on port 80.
No luck. I also changed the IP address and the CAT5e cable. IS there anyway to change the port?
Not that I know of. Did this setup ever work, or is this a new install?
Yes this worked for since the server was put in back in Janurary until about June. This is a new install.
could be IP conflict issue,
Couple of suggestions:
1. try to use BMC Ip address to launch the webinterface,
2. try to change the IP address of RMM and ping.. you can use IDA to configure the same.
Hope you have latest firmware up and running.
This is strange to me, but I changed the IP of the BMC and now I can load the IP of the RMM3. Lets see how long this lasts.
BMC and RMM must be on different subnets or you can get conflicts.
Glad it worked.. thanks for the update.
Having said, it could be IP conflict issue.
Well, it doesn't work again. I think I might have a bad card.
You may want to try reflashing the BMC firmware code
The flash package for the BMC includes the firmware for the RMM3.
If the the RMM3 and the BMC are on differeent version strange things can happen.
I had the problem with the different firmware versions.
I flashed the RMM3 again, but after about a day the RMM website is not reachable.
Do you have further tipps?
Thanks a lot!
The main hitters have been covered, but here is a quick review.
- Make sure the BMC fw was flashed while the RMM3 was installed to get them both on the same revision.
- Make sure any BMC IP address is on a different subnet than the RMM3 (it confuses the BMC as to which NIC it should be using)
- If using Dynamic addressing, make sure you set a unique BMC DHCP host name (or it will confuse your DHCP server when all the RMM3 have the same name)
4. Make sure your Java version is current. Sometime I have found you need to enable the Direct Connection option if you are behind a proxy server
Lastly, the interface will timeout after awhile if not used and you may need to refresh and log-in again
Hopefully one of these will do it for you
Thank you very much for your long answer!
1. the firmware was flashed to the newest version
2. in the moment the baseboard lan configuration is set to 0.0.0.0 on everey entry. DO I have to config it, also it is not used?
3. I'm using static IPs.
4. I'm not behind a proxy.
Should I try to config the BMC, too?