6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2010 12:50 AM by bineeshjose

Intel BOXDG43GT monitor not found error and 2 beeps

KingCRZ

Here is my system setup currently:

HP Pavilion P6110y

Intel BOXDG43GT LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

MSI N94GT-MD512 GeForce 9400 GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card

Antec Basiq BP350 350W ATX12V v2.01 Power Supply

Rosewill RCX-Z90-AL 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

Upon startup, the pc will beep once.  Then it goes to the Intel screen, then another screen that displays a "WARNING: Monitor not found" error, another screen that displays the firmware version and some other information, and right after that screen it beeps again, and the login screen appears.  After that everything seems to run fine.  At the screen with the monitor warning there was also a "Front fan not found" error but I was able to go into BIOs and disable that error since I do not have a front fan.  I am not sure what version of BIOs I am running, It is the default.

I have a a DVI cable from my monitor (HP brand, not sure of the model number off hand) to the DVI port in the graphics card.

When I got the PC it came with Windows Vista, I bought the PC through Besty Buy, and they had a deal where I could upgrade to Windows 7 for free.  Once that came out I got ordered the free upgrade CD and did the upgrade.  After I installed all of the upgraded parts I formatted my system with the Windows 7 cd, not installing the recovery disks I made first to get me to Vista and then upgrading to Windows 7.  Is that causing the problem.

Any help is appreciated.  I am a novice at this.  The beeping and the monitor error have me worried though.

Thanks for your help.