1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2010 5:34 AM by b.lendering

Need help with USB Driver not working

linnachan

For some reason my USB ports won't recognize anything and show up in the Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark.  The description of the USB ports (4) say:

Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD

Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24C2

Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24C4

Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24C7

I've tried uninstalling the ports according to the Microsoft support site (uninstalling all of them and then restarting the system) but all it does is reinstall all the drivers with the same error.  I have tried looking on google (all of the links bounce me to windows update which doesn't show anything new) and on the intel site for the drivers (which says that it can't find any driver by this name).  I'm completely at a loss because I don't even know why the driver isn't working in the first place.  The only change I made recently was that I upgraded my Antivirus from Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 to 2011 and I updated itunes to 9.2 (which was when I noticed the problem.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Computer - Dell Inspiron 600m, XP Professional with current service pack 3

• 1. Re: Need help with USB Driver not working
          b.lendering

I used to work for Dell and this might work:

Reinstall Windows

Then reinstall the device drivers in the following order:

- Chipset and motherboard drivers

- Sound and video drivers

- Other drivers and utilities

- Update Windows

I've had the same problem on a Asus motherboard a while back, which would not work on USB 2.0, only USB 1.1. Tried everything and eventually it turned out te be a bad chipset driver