Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

How do you enable JBOD/Pass-through Mode on the RS2WC080?

idata
Employee

Hi!

I've been trying to figure this one out all day! The marketing materials say this controller supports JBOD/pass-through mode for unconfigured drives, but I cannot find any setting in the adapter's BIOS or the Web Configuration utility that allows me to set this. No matter what settings I have, whenever the BIOS screen appears the following messages appear:

0 JBOD(s) found on the adapter

0 JBOD(s) handled by the BIOS

I have been able to create a virtual drive using one drive in RAID 0, but I don't think this is the same as pass-through, right?

Has anyone been able to setup their disks to JBOD mode with this RAID controller or a similar model? How have you managed this?

Thanks!

-Andrew

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

That article implies that if I hot-plug a new drive into the RAID controller, it should come up as a JBOD drive. However, whenever I hot-plug any new drive into the controller, it is automatically set to "Unconfigured Good". There is no option to set the drive to "JBOD" or "pass-through". I can set it to a "Global Hot Spare" or "Unconfigured Bad", but neither setting makes the drive visible to Solaris.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Yes you're correct... It seems that JBOD function is gone in latest firmware... I'll further check, and at this moment you can create a RAID 0 array on a single drive as a workaround.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do you know if it's possible to get the original firmware (that supported JBOD)? I have updated to the latest version (downloaded from the website), but would like to flash back to the previous version. Intel only hosts the latest version it seems.

Do you know of a way I can obtain support for this product? When I tried to contact Intel the website reported that "Email support is not provided for this product."

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Can someone please confirm this is working/now available - I am ready to purchase but this will be an issue for me.

Paul

0 Kudos