to update the gma 500 drive from intel site, you must follow the procedure in the read.me file:
1. Click on the Start button, right click on "Computer", and
then click "Properties".
2. Click on "Device Manager" in the "Tasks" pane.
3. Double click "Display adapters". Double click on the
graphics controller shown.
4. Click on "driver" tab and click the "Update Driver..." button.
5. Select the "No, not this time" when asked to connect to Windows Update,
then click Next.
6. Select the "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" option,
then click Next.
7. Select the "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install." option
and click Next.
8. Scroll down to "Display Adapters" on the Hardware Type window and select it.
9. Click on the "Have Disk" button and then the "Browse" button.
9. Enter the directory where you unzipped the file you
downloaded, and then enter the "LPCO" subdirectory.
Double click the "igdlh32.INF" file.
10. Click on the "OK" button. A window listing all of the
available display types should open. Select the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 500
and then click on the "Next" button.
11. Click on the "Next" button. The operating system will
install the driver. Click on the "Finish" button when
done and then click "Close" on the Properties window.
12. If a dialog asking to reboot is displayed, click on the "Yes"
button to automatically reboot. Otherwise, manually restart
the system. The driver should now be loaded. "
I've update to the gma 500 driver version 22.214.171.1246 (jun2010) in a vaio p 1.3Ghz (vgn p6xx series) and it works fine, except i've to downgrade VLC player to version 1.0.5 because I get noisy sound in avi movies.
With the 126.96.36.1996 driver in vaio p 1.3gz I am surprise that movies play smoother than in vaio p 1.6ghz with SSD (vpcp11 series - driver version 2024 which came in the notebook).
I tried install the 2026 driver on the vpcp but the computer lost the resolution of 1280x600 and it made the switch resolution button useless. I hope Sony be fast and delivery the new gma 500 driver for the vaio vpcp soon.