1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2011 9:43 AM by

GMA 965 igxprd32.dll problem FF8

hello evreyone! I have a Acer Aspire 5315 with a integrated video card GMA965 with the lastest driver instal 6.14.0010.5218 and i have just receive a old PC game Final Fantasy VIII but it dosen't work. When i press START NEW GAME my screen turns black and afert 20-30s later a error pop-ups "The igxprd32 display driver has stopped working normally. Save  yourwork and reboot the system to restore full display functionality." The screen resizes to 640x480,  16-bit coloring, and then I have to reboot to recover my display  settings.
      Please help.

Here is some system information:

Computer Brand Name:                    Acer Aspire 5315
        Operating System:                       Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build 2600
        Service Pack:                           Service Pack 3

Processor Name:                         Intel Celeron 550
        Original Processor Freqency:            2000.0 MHz

Memory RAM:                                 2GB

Motherboard Model:                      Acer Acadia
        Motherboard Chipset:                    Intel GL960 (Crestline-GL) + ICH8M

BIOS Manufacturer:                      Acer, Insyde Software
        BIOS Date:                              01/05/08
        BIOS Version:                           V1.27

Original Device Name:                Intel GM965/GML960 Chipset - Integrated Graphics

• 1. Re: GMA 965 igxprd32.dll problem FF8

I'm not sure this helps I have the same computer with a different operating system
          Operating System.Windows Vista  Home Basic *, Service Pack 2
          Driver Version: 7.14.10.1437

I tried to play the game not designed to suit the Vista Basic and I got a black screen after I closed all the extra services and processes (task manager) and the (system) system for improving the performance of the best performance.

the game worked fine
          I begin by the ability to maximize performance and then process, if this does not work try to reduce services (if you know what you are doing) I'm not a pro. worked for me