Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

asrock 4core 1333 full hd and Q8300

idata
Employee

i have bought a q8300 cpu to upgrade from a e5200 chip but first of all the pc would not boot so i downloaded a updated bios and it works sort of.

Installed the updated bios, but now we have more problems! but at least the the chip is recongised and boots, sort of

but now we can boot the computer if we set the fsb to 300

if we set it at the stock 333 we get the error saying failed to vertify digital signature of file 'ntoskrnl.exe' also trying to run the windows installer results in the same error but with bootldr.exe

setting the fsb to 310 allowed the system to boot, but would crash randomly

320 bluescreened during boot

tried setting it at 323 & 324 but bios goes a bit crazy you can only see the time going up when you get into the bios and the rest of the screen is blank, also the bios screen just shows lots of lines with bits of info about the drives detected scattered around

no problems with the previous e5200 chip

one more thing, when setting the memory to run at 400mhz, seems unable to boot, setting it at 333 seems fine, the max voltage I can set the memory to in the bios is 2.04 which didn't seem to cure the problem,

swapped out the old 380w psu for a new ocz 500w, same problem

woundered if anybody has come across this problem before and does anyone know how to solve it???

Is it a motherboard fault, memory or is it the cpu faulty.

any help is appreciated.

Thanx

Dean

1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Your 4Core1333-FullHD motherboard does not seem to be compatible with the Q8300. You can check this information on this site:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=4Core1333-FullHD

I would say that this is a matter of compatibility issues.

Keep in mind that the even if the motherboard supports other quad core processors, with similar features and capabilities, it does not mean that the processor will be supported, if the system BIOS does not have the proper microcode to manage the processor, issues like the one you mentioned, may happen.

0 Kudos