1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2010 6:55 AM by 4711

Really confusing DG41MJ behavior

Hello,

I have a new DG41MJ with new E3300 Celeron, 2x 1G Kingston DDR2-800. On start, I cannot get into the Bios, instead it shows just errorcode 51 - "allocating resources to PCI bus".

There is and was never a PCI card installed.

After a few seconds, the system goes on booting from the first available device or so

So the system basically works. I can install a Linux with X to HDD, use network and access USB, SATA , and it seems to run stable. So I asume PSU, RAM and processor are not really bad.

I cannot run through the Windows 7 install, I believe, that it gets confused with a bit of unconfigured hardware, as the Bios cannot finish completely. With virtualbox out of the Linux system the Windows 7 install starts.

And: this is the second board, as I had the first one with the same symptoms immidiately replaced.

I begin to believe in vodoo or so, has anyone any ideas which leads to another conclusion? If so, please, please help.....

Thanks,

Skip

• 1. Re: Really confusing DG41MJ behavior

OK, I solved the issue. It was the monitor, which I had connected via VGA. I never imagined that this could prevent the MB from booting, especially as the monitor showed the boot screen. Using the same monitor via DVI it seems to work totally normal. I can get into the bios and the system is installing Win 7 right now.

Thanks for your time,

Skip