1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 10:03 AM by Salem_Intel

DG45FC UEFI+HDMI to TV=Indefinite POST Loop

82801BA

Hi I am new to this place. Recently I updated the BIOS to 0129 and now I cannot get my board to POST with UEFI Windows 7 x64. BIOS boot works (if I disable UEFI and reinstall using non-EFI system). I can get past POST and into UEFI Windows if and only if I connect the board to an LCD monitor, either by DVI-DVI or HDMI-DVI. On the TV, I get indefinite POST loop if I connect by HDMI-HDMI or DVI-HDMI. Flashing back to older BIOS does not work. Does any one know how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

PS. Addditional information: I can unplug the TV's HDMI cable and the system will boot into Windows. Then I can plug the cable back to the TV and view the screen. But after restart it will go to the loop if the cable stays connected.

Message was edited by: 82801BA

• 1. Re: DG45FC UEFI+HDMI to TV=Indefinite POST Loop
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

As long as UEFI is enabled in BIOS, there should be no problem. Hence, I'd recommend the following, just to make sure, much more after knowing the problem took place after updating the BIOS to 0129:

Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Finally, make sure UEFI is enabled under the Boot menu and while at it, see to it that you set the boot device priortiy as you need it.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

If the problem continues, please, I'd like to know what the Altered Assembly Number (AA #) of your Intel(R) Desktop Board DG45FC is (click here for details where this is found) and what the make and model of your TV set (and/or testing monitors) is/are.