1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 10:15 AM by Salem_Intel

DX58SO : DATA TRANSFER ISSUE

pdrm2000

Hey please i need help with something. I have just bought a new computer, motherboard (dx58so), Processor (Intel i7 950), 6gb memmory tripple channel, Video Card (nvidia 8400gs), Power supply (Corsair 750 professional)... I putted together and i installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. It worked fine but it has an unnsual problem when i try to save something from the computer (Internal Disc) to a external device, (Via USB, Firewire), it doesnt work well, it is really slow and sometimes it blocks.. When i use only the intern disc it works normal, it seems that the problem is data transfer outside the internal device... I called Intel for help, and they told that it could be my power supply, because i had a 550 v before, so i bought the corsair 750 professional.. I Putted together and still has that problem... I updated the BIOS and nothing works...I also bought a LACIE PCI Card Firewire 800 to see if it works better and it doesnt ..I looked it up and someone told to change the driver of the Firewire to (Legacy), it helped, it is better  but the problem remains . Please somebody help me.. i dont know if it is a problem of the motherboard..

• 1. Re: DX58SO : DATA TRANSFER ISSUE
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

We have not had similar cases reported nor do we have a known issue with external hard drives, "via USB, Firewire".  In view of this, and based on the tests done by you so far, I'd recommend clearing the event log and loading the BIOS default settings, just to be sure:

Restart the system into BIOS by pressing <F2> during the boot process.  Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.  Reset any customized BIOS settings. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.  Press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

If the problem continues, please, confirm what was the order (steps) you followed to install the Operating System?  Please, include any BIOS settings you might have changed prior the installation.  Also, please, include the Altered Assembly Number (click here) of your board.